Step by Step Instructions
Prior to any upgrade, we strongly recommend that you take a full backup of your repository database. Also, upgrading a lower level environment first (such as QA, UAT, etc) is recommended prior to upgrading the Production environment. This will make it possible to sort out/resolve any issues before upgrading Production.
Steps to Upgrade:
- Using 7.1 Centerprise client, run the following dataflow to export existing schedules into a comma delimited file.
Note: Prior to running the dataflow, you will need to update the database source object to point to the database where Centerprise repository resides.
*Please download attached example dataflow: Dataflow_ScheduleExport71
- Take a note of any existing Cluster Settings. These are available by right-clicking the cluster in Server Explorer. These settings will need to be re-configured manually after the upgrade. It may be helpful to take screenshots of those settings for later reference. The settings include: Staging Directory, Purge Job Frequency Options, Email Notification Setup, and also optionally, Server Profiles if a non-default profile was used prior to the upgrade.
- Run the Client installer and then the Server Installer to upgrade Centerprise to 7.3 or 7.4.
- Using Centerprise client, go to Server menu and select ‘Build Cluster Database…’. Point it to the database hosting Centerprise repository.
Important Note: This will reset the repository.
- Use the dataflow below to re-import the schedules you have exported in Step 1.
Note: Prior to running the dataflow, you will need to change the database destination object to point to the database where Centerprise repository resides.
*Please download attached example dataflow: Dataflow_ScheduleImport74
- Open Server Explorer, right-click your cluster and select ‘Cluster Settings’. Manually re-configure the relevant settings from Step 2. Optionally, manually reconfigure the Server Profiles setting if a non-default profile was used prior to the upgrade.
- Restart Centerprise server.
This completes the upgrade.